Responsible Management Education Workshop at AOM
The 2014 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management in Philadephia (1st-5th of August) will include a professional development workshop titled “Responsible Management Education in Action: Applying Frameworks for Organizational, Curricular, and Classroom Practice” as part of the Management Education and Development (MED) division. The organizers Oliver Laasch, Dirk Moosmayer, and Agata Stachowicz-Stanusch aim to provide participants with action oriented knowledge for responsible management education on organizational, curricular, and classroom level.
The PDW will firstly provide participants with an extensive toolbox of the presented action-oriented frameworks; secondly help them to apply these frameworks in their own educational practice; and thirdly provide opportunities to engage with colleagues who are experts in the different tools and thus to build a professional network that may support participants in shaping responsible management education when back home in their classrooms. After short introductions by the presenters, participants can chose to engage in round tables focusing on (1) responsible management in the higher education institution, (2) responsible management in the curriculum, or (3) responsible management in the classroom. Finally, insights from the table discussions will be collected and made available through MED and United Nations PRME channels. Distinguished presenters and roundtable discussion leaders in the workshop will be:
- Jonas Härtle (United Nations PRME): Principles for Responsible Management Education – How to apply the Principles for Responsible Management Education, and ways to engage for faculty members through PRME working groups.
- Jean-Christophe Carteron (Kedge Business School): The Sustainability literacy test – How educators to use the sustainability literacy test in the classrooms and how to integrate it into the training of trainers.
- Agata Stachowicz-Stanusch (Silesian University of Technology): Educating for integrity – Academic ethos management
- Claus Dierksmeier (University of Tübingen): Moving towards a Humanistic Management Education – Overcoming the Positivism and Relativism Obstacle
- Kemi Ogunyemi (Lagos Business School): Ethics across the curriculum – How to integrate ethics across the business school curriculum?
- David Chandler (University of Colorado Denver): CSR in the core curriculum – How to use business value creation as avenue for integration into core courses?
- Oliver Laasch (University of Manchester): Cross-curricular integration techniques – How to use a combined set of concepts, cases, and themes, to integrate sustainability, responsibility, and ethics, into any course?
- Dirk C. Moosmayer (Nottingham University Business School China): Values-Oriented Teaching – Establishing educational designs for values-oriented management teaching.
- Mary Gentile (Babson College): Giving Voice to Values: Teaching students to “speak their minds when they know what’s right”.
- Ross McDonald (University of Auckland): “Education for Responsibility” – How to educate for responsibility, instead of about responsibility?
- Scott Kelley (DePaul University): Pragmatic inquiry as an educational technique for responsible management
For further information on content, please have a look at the panel proposal document. If you would like to join the event, please have a look at the conference program listing. The event will take place Friday, Aug 1 2014 9:00AM – 11:00AM at Loews Philadelphia Hotel in Commonwealth A2.
0 Comments on “Responsible Management Education Workshop at AOM”